Screw the Cowboys.. i wanna get me a Cossack!
I was reading "Ukrainian News" on my lunch break at work – yes, entertainment is sparse in the Ukrainian canadian Congress office – and I was flipping through the pages
(I was actually looking for my name to pop up – which I think is really the only reason I think people read past the cover of it)
and I found a HILLARIOUS article called:
"Cossacks Swear Fealty to President Yuschenko"
So the Cossacky have a huge ceremony and they all kneel in front of the president and cross their hand over their hearts and swear to follow his leadership.
They named him their new hetman and gave him a very fancy horse.
The article mentioned that Yuschenko USED to be a member of the cossacks but he failed to pay his membership dues and thus was booted out.
personally, i didn't even realize they still existed. - well what do i know -I'm just an opressed Slav

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home