HistOry
A long.. long time ago, there used to be a really stupid camp song that was based on 3 commercials that were popular at the time. It goes like this:
Mcdonalds, Mcdonalds, (make the letter with your finger)
Kentucky Fried Chicken (act like a chicken) aaand
Pizza hut (you would draw the pizza hut symbol with your hands)
it was really stupid (does anyone even remember this?) but it got stuck in everyone's heads. Everyone sang it at camp for the whole 2 weeks. Anyways some (mean) older boys used different lyrics to make fun of My sister (Oksana) and I's names.
Oksana, Oksana
Kentucky fried Chicken and
O - de -sa
How did I deal with this juvinile teasing? I cried my eyes out of course. AND I told my mom (who probably laughed)
Anyways, this was eventually forgotten until I joined a church youth group a few years later that happened to have a few of those (mean) boys in it. And, the song was of course remembered and became a hit again. ( I didn't cry this time.. or at least, not much)
Any who - it got pretty boring singing the whole song over and over again, so they just shortened it to bug only me, and kept calling me O-de-sa.
Eventually this became the norm, until one fateful day a breakfast cereal commercial changed the world as i once knew it:
O, O, O
Cheerio,
the one and only
Cheerios
from then on, I have been known as O, O, Odesa.

3 Comments:
I was called Leahtard...after the leotards that we ask kids always had to wear (I still hate them...the leotards...grrr)
11:37 PM
Odesa (HUGS) I was not called nice things either.. And I just would like to say, I now have that song stuck in my head. Thank you... but what ever! And Leah at least Scott did not know that was your nickname that one friday morning in English.. Sigh!
4:37 PM
Your big sister says this is SO NOT TRUE!!!
You're o_o_odesa from the NEW KIDS ON TEH BLOCK SONG!!! Admit it ha ha.
It came from The right stuff - NKOTB
First time was a great time
Second time was a blast
Third time I fell in love
Now I hope it lasts
I can see it in your walk
Tell ’em when you talk
See it in everything you do
Even in your thoughts
Chorus:
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
The right stuff
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
The right stuff
Which somehow evolved to
Oh, oh, oh, oh, OREO
WHATS IN THE MIDDLE?
The white stuff
Somehow, shortly thereafter it changed to O O O Odesa.
You got it - the right stuff Baby. you're the reason why I sing this song...
1:51 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home