I never slept in on Saturday Mornings, I went to Ukrainian School instead. I was indoctrinated in the ways of opressed Slavs from the Glorious land of blue skies and yellow wheat fields. I learned to disdain Russians. I was tought important skills, how to sew, embroider and cook Borscht. Natural selection eliminates the weak.. and well, my Friends.. I have never met a Ukrainian with an Allergy.

Monday, September 26, 2005

A Ukrainian in Germany

Well, as many of you know this summer I went with a whole bunch of other Ukrainian Catholics on an extended pilgrimage to Germany for WYD - 2005

I got to see my dad for the first time in 4 and half years in Munich - which is where we started off. I also got to drink beer in Haufbranhaus - a stein that was bigger then my head!

Venice was next - and My friends and I got hit on by cheesy Gondoleers and one have us a free gondola ride.. and invited us up to his "apartamente"

I learnt 2 very handy Italian phrases
"Nessun grazie, io non desiderano dormire stasera con voi"
(No thank you, I don't wish to sleep with you tonight)
and
" miei occhi sono in su qui, voi stupido capra!"
(My eyes are up here.. you stupid goat)


and of course.. Alora!
The Italian version of.. "Whatever!"

Rome was next - I got drunk with 3 friends.. ate real pizza, drank wine and walked home. I started to take a picture of Catherine and this guy in a car thought we were taking a picture of him and got out of his car and posed by it.

I also bought shoes in an outdoor market when i was really really drunk.

And they fit!

That night I had a theological discussion with Father Greg that went something like this:

Me: Fr. Greg - if I think a lot about.. like.. bad things... but i like... don't do it... is that bad?

Fr. Greg: - Yes

Me: (falling off my chair) oohhhh I'm going straight to hell!


yes.. things got pretty intense...and I wasn't the only one asking the compelling questions. Catherine asked some thing like.. "When we die.. are we like really dead, or just mostly not there?"

Poor Father Greg.

Part 2 coming soon! Ze German efficency..fancy pigions and a story called Odesa and the Stupid American flag wavers.. Mi Dispyachey!

2 Comments:

Blogger Astley said...

Yay! You finally blogged again!

And the stories are great. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone about the Lutheran who seems to be a catholic boy wannabe :0P

5:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I finally got a chance to see your blog. Nice to be in a country that does not block blogs. Yea I got outta Dodge just before Haj, so I do not have to try to beat the saudicameldungsandunefirewall.

Love this: miei occhi sono in su qui, voi stupido capra

Take care,

Da

4:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home